Santander announces new services for mortgage customers
Santander UK has today announced it is adding additional services to My Home Manager which provides mortgage customers with personalised information and support through Santander’s mobile app.
The second phase of Santander’s innovative one-stop home management service My Home Manager introduces a range of new features including:
- Home moving services (AnyVan) – Customers can access AnyVan services, the UK’s largest moving company, to arrange home removal services. The service provides free cost estimates, and My Home Manager has a built-in feature that gives the ability to track progress of a home move through an interactive checklist.
- Solar panels (MakeMyHouseGreen) – Customers can get quotes for solar panels and other solar products, alongside access to educational content on renewable energy.
- Update to Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) feature: Customers can access their home’s EPC to check its energy rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient), alongside additional information on EPC expiry dates and how to renew. There is also an option to apply for a free EnergyFact report with Countrywide, worth £400, on how to improve a home’s energy efficiency. In the second half of 2022, Santander provided 6,000 customers with EnergyFact reports.
Tracie Pearce, Chief Customer Officer, Homes, said: “Keeping on top of all the costs and upkeep associated with owning a home can be a real challenge. My Home Manager provides a unique service for homeowners to provide easy, practical and tailored support to help manage the costs of running a home.
“Over 60,000 customers have benefitted from using My Home Manager so far, and the new features are driven by what our customers have told us they’d like to see. From help moving in, to information on how to save money on energy bills, and access to green technology such as solar panels, we hope this will add even more support to help our customers manage their homes.”
Irfan Taylor-Khan, Head of Partnerships, AnyVan said: “We’re delighted to have partnered with Santander and to be able to share our service with its customers. Buying a new home is exciting, but moving day can be stressful. Through our partnership we hope to reduce the strain that’s associated with moving, streamlining the process by using technology to make for a 21st century moving experience.”
Other features on My Home Manager include:
- Home Dashboard: Customers can view their estimated home value, which is updated every three months, alongside their mortgage balance helping them to see an estimate of their equity.
- Fix and Maintain: Customers can get cost estimates and free quotes from local tradespeople in their area for home maintenance and repair jobs, book a job and track its progress.
- Home Digital: Customers are able to compare deals and switch to a new provider in the ‘Broadband & TV’ and ‘Mobile Phone’ sections of the app.
- Furnishings: The app provides inspirational ideas, articles and exclusive offers to Santander customers on home furnishings to help them create a home they love.
Santander will continue to add new features on an ongoing basis and customers can see what is planned in the ‘What’s next’ section of My Home Manager.